Monday, May 27, 2013

The 2 year old Pre-Kinder Kid

So last Friday Z turned 2. I decided to make it a small affair. I baked her chocolate cupcakes, gave her a Dora card, lots of cuddles and her dad took her to AllSportz and indulged her in a few hours at a really cool park in Caulfield.

The grandparents spoiled her with more cake, some presents and sparklers.

We're going to have a proper belated birthday party for her once my side of the family can get their schedules straight (this is tradition in my family to celebrate birthdays whenever we can get the whole crew together - even if it's a week or two late.)

On Friday I will take her to the toyshop where she can pick out something she really wants and since she's really into building and sorting at the moment i'll pick her up some Duplo.


(My "baby" at the wedding asleep in my arms)

Just prior to turning to Z got put into the pre-kinder group at Daycare because she is advanced in certain areas and gets bored easily if she's not challenged enough.
 
 


They sent us this: Pre kinder children should be at the beginning of toilet training, if not already trained. Most of the children in pre kinder should not be wearing nappies during the day at pre kinder to assist with this. Please send lots of changes of clothing, top and bottoms and tshirts, as well as many pairs of undies during pre kinder toilet training.

Really? Really? Is it that time already? Shiiiiiit. And so it begins! I guess I should have expected it. When she was younger she would NEVER tell me if she pooped. She's happily keep on playing and ignoring the situation. Now when we're together she'll happy inform me she's pooped or even done a wee. In my mind I didn't think they started potty training until 2.5 years. Looks like it's time to stock up on some Bonds basics.

At what age did your little ones start potty training?

2 comments:

  1. I started just before Anika was 2, she was weeing 'on command' but then I went back to work 4 days a week and between 2 days in child care and 2 days with her Nanna she regressed... I quit when she was 2.5 and she toilet trained instantly - seriously not one accident other than 2 'oops I forgot to go inside and poo' moments. So that's my belief now - when they are 100% ready that's the best time. It says a lot about my patience lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we're moving at the end of the month I think i'm going to wait till the end of the month. I just feel like she's still too young. They say 2.5 is the magic age!

    ReplyDelete