Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Perfect Poached Eggs

(Note: This post was entirely inspired by the lovely Domestic Divinity and her call out for the secret to poached eggs.)

I'm gonna give it to you straight: I am lazy. Not only am I lazy but I am impatient. Especially when it comes to cooking.

Years ago prior to the whole Masterchef cooking craze I did a year long certificate in commercial cookery. I wanted to learn how to cook so I decided to throw myself into the deep end. Instead of spreading school and exams over a 3 long period the way apprentices do it, we did the same thing squished into one year so we were basically learning, cooking and prepping for exams all week every week. Let me tell you this: IT WAS A LIVING HELL. It was so stressful.

To cut a long story short I failed when it came to the part where you're supposed to master poaching eggs the traditional way. Whatever. But since then I've also failed poaching them the vinegar method, the cling film method and any other method that's ever been suggested. And there's not always time to dash out to a cafe to get my poached eggs fix.

So the other week I was wandering around my local Woolies trying to avoid the confectionary aisle when I found these. I may have hyperventilated in excitement. Perfect poached eggs every time. Every time!!

Behold!
 
 
 
 


 


The instructions say to leave them in the pot for 4 but because I like super gooey eggs I leave them in for 3.

Anyway. Voila!

3 comments:

  1. That poached egg product looks fantastic, I hate putting vinegar in the water, and can never get the cling wrap method right, I am so picking some of these up! Wilshire owe you a commission right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could go around demonstrating them in supermarkets. That's how passionate I am about home poached eggs! Haha.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete